Thursday, August 24, 2023

Everything's Peachy




Well, it's already Thursday and I have only written one post this week. It's been a strange week, with lots of things going on in our family. 

Some of us have been sick, one a/c unit died, 3 kids got on an airplane and I had a bad reaction to an antibiotic this week and it knocked me for a loop. 

Other than that, everything's peachy 😉

I am feel cautiously better today. I hope to get my appetite back and my energy too. You know when I lay around, that I'm sick, because I hate laying around. But I did a lot of that yesterday and even managed to watch a movie that I've never seen...Sweet Home Alabama...with Reese Witherspoon.  It was a fun (if not predictable) movie and I'll probably watch it again with David this week. He'll get a kick out of it. 

I did get to the grocery store on Monday and did a stock-up buy. I filled my new freezer part way, with things that are nice to have on hand and will hopefully keep us from grabbing quick meals out. Of course, since then I haven't cooked anything, due to not feeling well. But tonight it's a roast in the crockpot, which is easy and it will give us something to eat off of for days.

Isn't funny how sometimes the leftovers are more exciting than the real meal? For instance, when I thought of the roast this morning, I instantly thought of the roast sandwich the next day, which made me even more excited than eating the roast tonight.  Same thing when I think about turkey on Thanksgiving. I anticipate the turkey sandwich the next day, more than the real meal. Apparently, I enjoy sandwiches 😀

I'm not sure what today will hold. It's one of those in-between days when you feel better, but you stick close to home, just in case. There are many chores that need to be done today and if I have my energy back, it will actually be nice to do something besides lay around. 

I will spend time catching up on my favorite blogs. And I'm reading a good mystery book that I got from the library, so I'm looking forward to reading for a while today. 

I hope to be back in full swing soon and taking more pictures. Sometimes that's what delays me posting, because I haven't gotten any new pictures to share. I need to get better at that. 

Well, I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! I'll be reading, even if I'm not writing. 

Until Next Time...
Blessings!  


19 comments:

  1. I agree it's been a very strange week. I went into town to get my Mum's shopping this morning and wondered why it was so busy and the car parks were full. It was only when I got home that Alan reminded me it was Thursday, Market Day ... I was convinced it was Wednesday!!

    I hope you are continuing to feel better. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue :) I'm feeling back to normal now, but yes...still a strange week!

      Delete
  2. Continue to lay low and rest - the body needs rest to heal.
    I am the same way on some meals. Corned beef - means a Rueban on day 2. Turkey - means cold turkey sandwich day 2 and Turkey Manhattan of day 3. I love the leftovers of some things better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, me too! I always think spaghetti tastes better the 2nd day :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope your back to health real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I picked up a (cozy) mystery book today at the library. So looking forward to read it! I hope you are feeling 100 perfect....even by this weekend. Take it easy....and enjoy that book:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! So far the book is great :)

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you have been sick! I do hope that you're on the downhill slide of it now, and that you're okay from that bad reaction to the meds. That's always scary to hear when something like that happens! I'm so glad you're okay now. I know what you mean about leftovers- I love a turkey sandwich after the holidays! I like it on white bread, with mayo, a bit of salt, and a lot of black pepper. I just made myself a little hungry thinking about that! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) And that's EXACTLY how I eat my turkey sandwiches! :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been 'under the weather.' Good to know you're feeling a little better. I love left overs, to me they taste better the second time around. I enjoyed that movie too, it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my friend. I pray you are feeling better. Sorry you have been under the weather. I know exactly what you mean about leftovers! I am exactly the same. My whole family is! We joke that we do Thanksgiving just for the turkey soup and turkey sandwiches! Have a cozy weekend, and ease back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you continue to improve and feel better soon. Well done on adding to your freezer.
    I love leftover creations, too. My favorite thing to do with leftover roast and veggies is to add gravy and bake it all in a pie crust like a pot pie, as Annabel does. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and stopping by for the first time. Sounds like a challenging week but glad you are feeling somewhat better. My AC died in my house and my car 2 weeks ago- not fun and mucho bucks to fix. Hope you are back to normal soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope you feel better every day. I'd like to cook some meals ahead. Since there are two of us, it should be easy to do. Just need to clear out a little freezer space, too. Thanks for writing to me on my Harvest Lane Cottage blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. First time commenter, fairly new reader. Just wanted to say your comment about roast beef sandwiches amused me. Many years ago, when my son was a young boy, I was making a roast one night which was the 'star' meal on our tight budget, followed by lots of what I call leftover makeover meals. Sam came into the kitchen, asked what was for supper and groaned then asked, "Can't we just skip the pot roast and go straight to the hash?" I still laugh every time I think of him asking that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the best things about Thanksgiving is the turkey sandwiches the next few days afterwards. Now, you have me craving one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better soon! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!