Monday, October 21, 2024

Some Blog Changes and My Not-So-Fun Birthday

 


Good Monday morning everyone!

Well, I wish I could say that I had a wonderful weekend, but that would be a lie, so I might as well tell the truth. 

Yesterday was my birthday and instead of spending it celebrating, I spent the day going to the emergency room because I was (am still) covered in hives, from head to toe. Apparently I have a strep rash (accompanied by tonsil yuck😷), and $500 later, I'm home. Steroid shot, pills, antibiotic and lots of Calamine lotion!

Not exactly my idea of a good time. 

Nevertheless, I had my birthday and today's another day. Hopefully all the meds will kick in and it will be smooth sailing from this day forward. 


Since we've moved, I just haven't been feeling my blog title anymore. We no longer live in a cozy little cottage on the lake, so the name just doesn't fit. However, what does fit is that I have an extraordinary life (thank you, Jesus), a beautiful family to share my life with and I needed a title that expresses just that.

It's an ordinary life, but because of all the blessings, it's also EXTRA ordinary. 

So for today's post, I'll share this little story with you...

Find it HERE

I wish you all a great Monday!

Until Next Time...
Blessings! 


7 comments:

  1. Oh no. Hives are miserable. Hope the meds kick in quickly and you feel much better. Celebrate another day.
    Happy new revolution around the sun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I am so sorry about the Hives, sure hope you get better soon, and yikes on the $500, my word. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get better very quickly! I am so sorry to hear about your suffering on your birthday! I read your post about how you made your living. It is beautiful! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the hives resolve themselves quickly with the aid of the shot, pills, and calamine lotion. Not a fun way to spend a birthday, so I think you should celebrate another time. Thank you for sharing the story. Enjoy the blessings of this new day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, thank you Lord for this extraordinary life!! Where we would be otherwise? So sorry that you celebrated your day in the ER. Not exactly the celebration one hopes for....hopefully the medicine will do its job and you can call a re-do on your birthday celebration. A good reason to eat cake (again?! please tell me there was cake!)! You mentioned keeping Prime to watch your favorite British crime shows. We do so on BritBox and Acorn. Just a thought. We would definitely have to keep Prime if we couldn't watch other ways....but I am curious, are we missing any of the good ones? Which ones are your favorites??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart....I am so sorry that you have the hives, and then to have them on your Birthday. sure hoping that with the shot and the meds, that the hives clear up soon. Birthday Wishes to you anyways, and maybe the Happy can be celebrated with a delicious cake and a good meal out, as soon as you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about the hives. I've had them and they are no fun, and worse when it's your birthday
    Happy Birthday, hope you heal quick.
    I did appreciate your post on how you made your living.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!