Monday, August 21, 2023

Catching Up and A Pretty Craft Project

Happy Monday!

Well, it's been a long week since last Monday, it seems. 

Life was filled with lots of time with family, some much needed car repairs and even a fun day of crafts with a friend.


I saw this crafty project on Instagram awhile back and shared it with my friend Kim. She is the queen of crafts and basically uses crafting as therapy 😀 So on Friday we got together and made these pretty glass jars into something even prettier, by using paper flowers, greenery and Modge Podge. 

These are simply glass jars from the Dollar Store and the flowers are from Amazon. 

We used a paintbrush to put a layer of glue on the jar first, then held the flowers in place while painting over them with more glue. The thicker stems were tricky and didn't work that well, but the flatter flowers and leaves adhered easily. 

This would make a beautiful gift for someone, if you're into making gifts. The jars were $4.00 and the flowers came in sets for a few dollars each. So for about $5.00 or so, you could create some very pretty jars for someone on your list. 

🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍🛍



Emmy and Ella cooling off under a bubble of water.

Thursday was Millie Day and after picking up the girls, I made the spontaneous decision to stop by the city park to let them play. The playground was basically empty, now that school has started (a homeschooler's dream) and thankfully they recently put in a splash pad right next to the playground.

So after letting the girls get toasty on the playground, we walked to the splash pad and they were able to cool off in the water. They had the best time. 

Addie found a friend who brought toys. 


Once we were done with the water play, we headed back to my house for lunch and dry clothes. If this heat keeps up, we may make the splash pad a regular thing!

Our weekend was filled with more family time, some car repairs and I finally bought a new freezer.

I had a chest freezer before we moved into this little cottage, but there was no room for it here, until we built the back porch. 

Well, I was trying my best to make it without an extra freezer, but the bottom freezer that I have just isn't big enough for anything extra. So, since I've really been thinking about stocking up and making extra dishes to keep on hand, I realized I could save money by buying a freezer and being able to buy things on sale and make extra meals when I can. 

We found a small freezer at Sam's and now it's on my back porch waiting to be filled with extra things. 

Today will be all about catching up from the busy weekend and tomorrow I will get groceries. 

Every day that moves forward, we are one step closer to cooler weather, praise the Lord!

Hopefully I can write more this week too.

Thanks for reading my random thoughts today!


Until Next Time...

Blessings! 



18 comments:

  1. Your jars are beautiful!
    I’m a big fan of splash pads - the kiddos have so much fun and no worries about drownings either.
    My town has 2
    Hope y’all get to go back before they are closed down for cooler weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda! Yes, the splash pad was a great addition to the park. We really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Those jars look really lovely. What a fun day getting wet in the sunshine, it must be every child's favourite activity. I bet you were half-tempted to join them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I was so tempted to jump in and get cool, but I didn't. Maybe next time!

      Delete
  3. What a fun time at the splash pad! I'm ready for the heat to leave too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya! It was great fun. Yes, so ready for that first cool front!

      Delete
  4. The girls look like they had a great time at the splash pad. What a fun photo of them under the bubble!! I love your craft and what a fun way to spend afternoon with a friend. I always want to try a new craft (even this one!) but need that crafty friend to sit beside me and fill the gaps of my less than crafty brain/process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, give it a try! My friend guides me, because I usually don't know what to do. She's the crafty one and comes up with the ideas.

      Delete
  5. Oh I want to be Emmy and Ella! That looks wonderful. The jars are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl :) Oh, to be a kid again :)

      Delete
  6. Oh the flower jars came out so pretty. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your thoughts, my friend! And I know exactly what you mean. I love when "regular" school starts, and everything is deserted for us homeschoolers! Such fun you have with the little ones! And yay for your freezer. It does make so much sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Billie Jo :) We always love the school season when everything is less crowded.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely time you had with the grands! I am sure they loved being able to cool off that way. Yay for crafts and new freezers! I love those jars. You are right about them making an excellent gift! I wish I was more crafty...I really would like to try those and may look into doing a few for the bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, you can do these! They were so easy and very few supplies. We were also thinking this idea would work great on some flower pots. Modge Podge is the key! We even did this kind of thing on some old suitcases once.

      Delete
  9. I really like the jars, I'm thinking I might give one a try. The picture of the kids under the waterfall made me want to get in there with them! Yes, everyday is on day closed to cooler temps. PTL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the jars! I will have to keep that project in mind for when the boys pick me wildflowers come spring.
    That's great that your town got a splash pad! Ours put a small one in a few years ago and it's very popular. I'm so ready for the cooler weather, though too!
    Having an extra freezer will be wonderful. I don't know what we'd do without ours! I hope you will soon be able to fill it with bargains and freezer meals. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!