Friday, April 5, 2024

Give Me All the Yellow Things! It's SpringTime!

 


Hello Friends!

Well, Easter has come and gone and my mind is in full-fledged Spring mode. I want all the sunshine, open curtains, spring air, and all things lemony and yellow to fill my house. This might just be my favorite season of all.

I've been taking a bit of a writing break lately. My mom came to visit for a week, which was really special. She got to experience all the weekly things that normally take place here, such as family dinner on Tuesdays and Millie Day on Fridays. I took her out and about on a few of the other days. Since she lives in a very rural area in South Texas, she doesn't get to just run to the store or go shopping on a whim, so I wanted to take her to a few stores, just for the fun of getting to walk around and maybe buy something. 

When I was in high school, my mom and I would go to the mall together every Saturday. We would grab a burger, maybe buy a candle or some earrings and it became a really special thing we did together during those years. 

We took her to church on Sunday, where she got to hear Ted sing and see Collin playing the guitar. That's always a special treat. 

I think she enjoyed her week here and other than having to navigate the roads between here and there, she managed the 5 hour drive very well. I know there will come a day when that won't be the case, so I really appreciated her coming all this way to see us. 

In other news...

I've been busy cleaning out my closet this week. Surprisingly there wasn't a lot to give away this time. I think I've kept my closet down to the minimum this year. I haven't really purchased any new clothes in quite a while. 

David and I finally did a project we've been talking about for some time...we put flower boxes on the front of the house, which we will finish this weekend. I've been wanting to add flower boxes to give the front of the house a more cottagey look, so David built them a few weeks ago and attached them to the 4 windows we have across the front. Now we will paint them and fill them with flowers and greenery. I will share the pictures soon.

Today I have grocery shopping to do. I am on a quest to start eating healthier, so lots of fruits and veggies are on the list for today. Morgan stopped by yesterday and I sent all the ice cream home with her, which is proof that I'm cleaning up my diet 😅

I bought two new cookbooks this week and have already found some great recipes I'll be trying very soon. I need to ease my way into eating better. Even the book says to do one thing at a time, so I'm taking their advice and starting slow. 

I'm looking forward to challenging myself in this area. It's so much easier to just grab for a cookie, but I need to dig a little deeper and try some new things. 

Are you good at trying new things or are you a creature of habit? I definitely like to try new things, but then I usually just go back to what's comfortable. 


Well, that's enough small talk for today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and maybe try something new and surprise yourself by growing a little. I'll check back next week and see how you did 😉


Until Next Time...

Blessings and Stay Springy! 

💛🍋🌼









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!