Thursday, April 11, 2024

Colors of Spring

 

Hello Friends!

Are you enjoying all the colors of spring where you're at? Or are you still having crazy snow storms or floods with hurricane force winds like we are? 

But today is nice and cool, with promises of sunshine, so I'm not complaining!

Last week I went kind of crazy with the fruits and veggies. I will admit, I think I like taking the pictures of the fruit, more than eating it, but that's a whole other post 😅

So here are some pretty pictures of all the fruit I bought and thoroughly washed, dried and put in the fridge, freezer and sent some home with the kids. 









The good thing about fruit is that you can always freeze it for smoothies later. Which I did. We also had a few servings of it for an after-dinner snack this week. Maybe I should have dipped all of these in chocolate. That would absolutely ensure the quick consumption of every piece 😂

I didn't get pictures of the zucchini and asparagus that I have yet to cook, but maybe I will once I am preparing them for a meal, which needs to be soon.

It seems these veggies want to die before I can get to them and then they saddle me with all kinds of guilt I don't appreciate. 

I did have a salad for lunch yesterday, which I made sure to include some of the bell peppers, tiny tomatoes and a carrot. I felt pretty good about that. 

I have two more photos with the colors of spring and I'm very excited about both of them (more excited than I am about all the fruit and veggies)...


These are little jars of paint that I picked up from Home Depot last week. I remembered to ask the clerk if they had any paint samples for sale and he pulled out this box for me to choose from. When I saw they were only $.50 each, I wanted them all.  Who knows what I'll use them for, but when I get the urge to paint something, I'll have some fun colors to choose from.




And then I'll leave you with these roses. I wish you could smell them. They have returned in all their splendor and are making me so happy every time I go outside. This bush is on one side of the porch and there is a yellow bush on the other side, which is now blooming as well. 

I've been amazed at the hardiness of roses. I think I'll just fill my entire yard with these and call it good.


Well, I hope you enjoyed my colors of spring! And I hope you're noticing all the pretty things where you are. God really made some good things, didn't he?

Indeed.


Until Next Time...

Colorful Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. Ah - lovely spring!! Spring colors. Spring fruits and veggies (I think our farmer's market is open again. I think.) And all the paint samples in fun colors. "I'll take them all!" Love it!! Happy Thursday to you. Go eat some of that delicious fruit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fruit and veggie spring color is the way to go. I love fresh foods so much.
    Roses blooming already? You are so lucky = mine are getting green but no roses.
    Love the paint samples - fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fruits and vegetables are so nice and colorful.
    Love the roses against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! Your fruit and vegetable photos are amazing! All look so delicious. I love fresh blueberries. My favorites, however, are raspberries and blackberries. I love having them in the fridge, but then I feel pressure to use them quickly before they go bad! I need to remember to freeze them like you said. And yes! I heard about the Golden Bachelor Couple!!! What the heck???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these photos.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!