Saturday, March 23, 2024

My Week in Pictures

Hello Friends!

It's Saturday and it feels like it's been an equally long, but short week. I thought I would share some random photos of my week to recap what I've been up to. I'm having to remind myself to take pictures lately because I'm trying to get better about living in the moment and not always having my phone in my hand. But that also means that I'm not as quick to take pictures, so it's a trade off. However, this week I intentionally set out to document what's going on. So here you go... 


On Thursday night we had a huge storm blow in. Lots of thunder and lightning that kept us up half the night. This is what the lake looked like on Friday morning. Foggy and cold. 


Wednesday I made chicken enchiladas. Here are the ingredients and it all started when I saw this jar of Green Enchilada Sauce and knew I wanted those on the menu this week. Green enchiladas are my favorite when we eat out, but they are so easy to make, so why not? They turned out great and I was able to save one extra pan for the freezer.


One pan for the freezer and one just out of the oven. 
These fed us for several meals, served with black beans and Spanish rice.
Yum!


Tuesday night was family dinner, as usual,
and as Addie was leaving, 
she handed me this picture she had drawn of David and I.
I will treasure it always 😀

The next morning I snapped some pictures of 

family dinner leftovers...

a tractor on a shelf...


a spin toy on the glass door.

Little reminders that life happened here the night before. 



Scenes from the kitchen this week...

Some fresh lemons and a yummy lemon candle.

Still haven't decorated for Easter. 

Not sure I'm going to.

Side note...when I was growing up,

we didn't decorate for anything other than Christmas.

When did the world get so extra?

It's a lot of pressure!

😅


I have a new gadget...an electric kettle.

The irony is not lost on me that last week I wrote about living slower

and this week I bought a kettle that goes faster.

There's no excuse. I just thought it would encourage me to drink

more tea at night.


Speaking of living slower...and better...

I'm trying the Bible Recap

and I'm skeptical (nothing new there).

I don't really like opinions that I'm not sure of.

Hmmm...I'll need to give it some more time before

making my final decision as to whether or not this is for me.



My latest creative project...

My traveler's notebook/planner/to-do list/project notebook/writing notebook

all in one.

I used to use a traveler's notebook for all my writing needs.

They are fun to set up and such a perfect size for

throwing in your purse and always having your journals

handy.

But seasons come and go and so do my planner preferences.

For years I went back to the traditional collection of 

way too many notebooks:

A planner for calendar and to-do's,

a Bible study notebook,

a project notebook,

a list notebook,

and on and on it goes.

But recently I've rekindled my love of the all-in-one traveler's notebook

and I'm loving it!

I even use mine as a wallet,

so when I leave the house,

I have everything I need in one place.


Plus, it feeds my need for creativity.

As you can see.

I'm never happier than when I can use scrapbook paper, 

mod podge, stickers and washi tape,

and make something I love to look at, 

while being practical at the same time.



And, I'll leave you with this set of pictures from Friday morning.

Asa came to visit while his mommy did some shopping and daddy was working.


We watched Bluey, played with lots of toys, read a few pages,
threw the ball to one another and snacked on goldfish and strawberries.
Needless to say, I got some steps in that day 😅

This weekend will be busy with working around the house, getting
ready for my mom to come for the week.
I just realized that's why March is flying by...
lots of action going on!

I hope you have a wonderfully fun weekend, my friends!

See you next time.
Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. All these photos are lovely! And what a gorgeous view you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are nice. What a beautiful view you have! Asa is a doll baby for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had chicken enchiladas this week too. :)
    What a lovely few of the lake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!