Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Sweet Treasure from the Holy Spirit

 


Good morning friends. 
It's chilly here today and we've been having some gorgeous days this week.
These are the days we long for, most of the year, but they don't last very long.

I have to share the sweetest story today.
It involves my oldest grand baby, Emmy.
I call her my Millie girl because she
reminds me of me, in many ways.

She likes a good plan,
loves a list,
likes to know what the day holds from the time she wakes up.
She loves to learn and takes everything very serious.

So yesterday afternoon I was having a cup of coffee,
catching up on the latest episode of American Idol,
and there was a young woman, about 20 years old,
who was auditioning. She brought along her younger sister,
who was 12, and who was her biggest fan.

The entire segment was very moving and as I watched the sisters interact and
support one another,
it reminded me so much of Emmy and her younger sister, Ella.
They are best friends and though they fuss and fight,
they will also protect and defend each other,
and it's so sweet.

Well, that segment had me in tears, 
and just as I turned to David and told him that they 
reminded me of our girls,
my phone rang and it was showing a call
from my daughter-in-love, Alex.
When I picked up the phone,
I heard a little voice saying "hi!"
It was Emmy.
She doesn't usually call me on the phone,
so I was surprised. Plus, they would be over
that evening for family dinner,
so it was unusual for her to call me beforehand. 

But, she just wanted to talk to me,
and we enjoyed a fun 10 minutes on the phone,
with her FaceTiming me, showing me
all the other kids and what she was watching on tv
that day.
Finally the call ended and my heart just felt full
at having heard all of their little voices and sharing 
their day for a few minutes.

When they all got to our house for dinner,
I was able to talk to Alex about the phone call.
She said they were all playing outside and suddenly
Emmy asked if she could call Millie.
Alex asked if everything was ok,
and Emmy said,
"Yes. But Millie said I could call her anytime
and I just feel like God wants me to call her."

Little did she know that I was thinking of her,
at that very moment, while watching those sisters
on tv.

That was the work of the Holy Spirit.

What a treasure.

Friends, we don't have to be in crisis or trouble,
or need to be rescued from something for God to show up.

He shows up in random phone calls,
on a random Tuesday afternoon,
in the sweet, simple words of an 8 year old.

We have a good, good, Father.

💛

Thanks for stopping by today.

Until Next Time...
Blessings
💛

7 comments:

  1. What a precious child she is, and what a sweet gift from the Lord! I never want to get used to Him doing things like this for me, you know? I always want to be blown away by Him, and how He works. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jennifer! I want to be in awe, every single time :)

      Delete
  2. What a precious blessing! Thanks so much for sharing that today. It was a blessing to me as well. God is so very kind to us!! Happy Wednesday my friend -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday Jennifer :) I'm glad this story blessed you :)

      Delete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful story! I absolutely feel the Holy Spirit leads us at times when others need us. What a lovely granddaughter, who resembles you so!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!