Monday, March 18, 2024

A Quiet Weekend

Good morning friends,

How was your weekend? Ours was very uneventful and really nice.

Saturday we stayed home and worked around the house. No agenda (just the way David likes it) and it was relaxing to just putter around the house and work on things as we felt like it.

I made the usual breakfast Saturday morning - biscuits and sausage gravy. I'm not happy with my biscuit mix though. It makes the biscuits too dense, although the flavor is delicious. Hmmm...any tips?

David installed a ceiling fan in the play room, while I worked on some paper/planner crafting. I think it was just the kind of Saturday we needed. 

Sunday we went to church and then out for a burger. Not a fast food burger, but the kind you find yourself craving. The kind that is stacked so high full of veggies, beef and homemade buns, that you can barely get your mouth around it. It did not disappoint!

Sunday afternoon was another slow day with little on the agenda. Every now and then we need those weekends.


Our roses put out the first bloom this week and though I usually don't pick my flowers, I had to have this one because it smelled so amazing! I wanted to savor it for as long as possible and enjoy the fragrance.



It just opened up so beautifully and is still giving off the best smell. Those $11 rose bushes have more than paid for themselves. They survived the freeze with no coverings and have come back as pretty as ever. 

🌹

Today I am at home cleaning and doing laundry. It's one of my favorite kind of days. Not because of the work, but because I'm home, skies are blue, it's cool outside, and I get to work around my house. 

I will start a new Bible study today. I will work on some craft organization, mop, clean bathrooms and possibly attempt to organize a few closets (which could possibly spill over to the rest of the week). 

Tomorrow I will prepare food for Family Dinner night, make sure the playroom is ready for the kids and relax after everything is done.

I need to start a new book. I'm kind of in a "blah" zone with my reading right now. I tried a book from the library, but it had some controversies and I stopped reading halfway through. I was so disappointed because I was in the mood for a cozy mystery and this one, though advertised as such, was no such thing.

I have a few more books from the library, so I'll pick one of those up this afternoon and give it a try. Good thing I can just take them back if I don't like them! 

Well, that's all for today. I need to get busy. I hope your Monday is everything you're hoping for!

Until Next Time...

Blessings 💚

15 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds perfect. What a beautiful rose. Gosh, can't believe they are blooming already!
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl :) We have some other flowers blooming now too. It does feel a bit early, but they are probably confused :)

      Delete
  2. What a great weekend and perfect day! I am at home today, too, and I'm enjoying a mix of being productive and lounging luxuriously in comfy clothes and watching Home Town on HGTV. These are my best days! I was just thanking the Lord for one like today; it's beautiful and cool here today as well, which is why I'm staying comfy and cozy today.

    As for books, do you like Agatha Christie? Those are the best books to me! Also, I really love Robin Jones Gunn's books; have you read them? I'm currently reading the Sisterchicks series for the tenth time, probably. They're my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I searched for the Sisterchicks series at the library and they didn't have them. I didn't think to look for Agatha Christie. I'll have to do that next time.

      Delete
  3. I spent part of my day doing housework too.
    What a beautiful rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a nice restful weekend. I love the rose. It is beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. White :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Have you read anything my Charles Martin? He's a new favorite of mine - both fiction and non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of him. I'll have to look him up.

      Delete
  6. Two slow, non-agenda days in a row....how nice! And now, a day at home. Sounds wonderful. I am home today. Have a bit of project going on but I am tackling it at my pace:) Definitely one of the perks of this season of life! What Bible study are you going to begin??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I'm starting the Bible Recap by Tara-Leigh Cobble

      Delete
  7. For a slow weekend, you sure did a lot. Soemtimes that's just the kind of time we need. Be blessed, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura :) Somehow, when we go at our own pace and it's not a "have to," it feels like puttering :)

      Delete
  8. I love having a mixture of quiet days and busy ones. It makes me appreciate the quiet ones :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!