Saturday, March 9, 2024

My Baby Turned 25 and Other News

 Hello Friends!

I hope you've had a great week. I feel like this week went by in a blur. It was kind of a strange week, in that the weather was back and forth, David stayed home sick on Monday, then was off on Friday. I will be thrown off on my days now. 

This week I've been preparing for a visit from one of my sisters. She and her daughter are coming to stay for a few days, so I've been working to make sure I have enough groceries for meals, enough sheets for the trundle part of the trundle bed, enough pillows and towels. 

We haven't had anyone come stay with us in about a year and a half, so I feel a bit rusty on this situation.

Today David will be mowing the yard and cleaning up outside. I will be washing linens, picking up a grocery order and getting the guest room ready. I hope they don't mind sharing a room with lots of toys, since our "guest room" has been a play room for a long time now. 

For many years I dreamed of having a house with a designated guest room that stayed pretty and waiting for that special guest to arrive. And I did have that, at various times, and even in this tiny house, for a while. 

But one day, my oldest son pointed out that I was saving a room for something that might happen once or twice a year and that surely I could find a better use for that room and he was right! That's when I decided to turn it into a playroom for the kids...the 5 babies who show up every single Tuesday and various other days of the week. They are my constants. They are my heart. So I bought a smaller bed, put shelves of toys in there and now when they come through the door, they run down the hall and find their favorite toys and my heart is so happy with that!

💛

In other news, my "baby" turned 25 on Friday! 







Collin came along 6 years after my first son, so he was definitely the baby and had his chance at being "an only child" for the years after Ted was married and out of the house. Those were special years and I'm so thankful for the gap that gave me time with each of my boys. 

Now, all these years later, I still squeeze him extra hard when he walks through the door. He's still adorable to me (and still funny and full of sass) and he makes me happy. 

He has always fiercely loved the Lord and has always had a very strong sense of right and wrong. He's so kind hearted and yet, will defend the truth with grace. 

Both of my boys married young and to see Collin with his beautiful wife, Morgan, and that little cutie, Asa, is such a joy to us. We're really proud of the husband and daddy he's grown into.



And by the way...in case you couldn't see the resemblance in father and son...


Here's Asa and he is basically a clone of his daddy when Collin was a baby. 

Anyway...enough about that!

I also woke up one day this week and decided I hated my hair, found a salon that took walk-ins and got a hair cut 😅

That's how it happens around here sometimes. One day you're determined to let your hair grow out and the next day you're having it cut in all kinds of layers. Maybe I'll share a picture one day, when I'm having a good hair day. (I hate myself in pictures and curly hair has a mind of its own!)

Well, I'm off to start my busy work day. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with spring-like weather, wherever you are. 

Until Next Time...

Blessings!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your baby! His little one does indeed look just like him! What a precious little thing. Enjoy the time with your sister. And I know exactly what you mean about having a guest room. Have a cozy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son. Yes indeed, his little mini me is and duplicate of him!
    I am sure you have everything handled quite well for your sis's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son. Father and son sure do like a like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to your son. Wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is a cute baby! Yes, baby Asa but I was looking at that photo of Collin with the bunny!! And that photo of you and Collin and then Collin with his son - the same pose and so similar! I always find photos fascinating...with similarities etc! Hope Collin had a nice birthday! And be sure to show us your new haircut. I couldn't really tell - do you like it? Did the impulse pay off? Or not so much?? Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!