Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Family Reunion, Catching Up and a New Recipe

 Hello Friends!

It's Thursday and I'm finally getting around to writing today. I had a busy few days, with my sister and niece visiting and then a few days of catching up after they left. But here I am, ready to check on all of my blogging friends and let you know what I've been up to lately.

Over the weekend David mowed and cleaned up all of the outside things, such as washing the kid's toys, brushing off windows, blowing all the pine straw and dirt off the patio, in preparation for my sister coming to town. It was the first mowing of the new year and afterwards the yard looked so nice. 

While he was busy outside, I kept busy washing sheets, making beds, buying groceries and getting ready for their arrival Sunday evening. 


Sunday afternoon I had some time to sit and read for a bit. David had gone to check on his mom, so I made myself some coffee, grabbed my latest book from the library and sat in my favorite cozy chair and just relaxed. It was nice.

I am loving having the library so close. It's so fun to just browse the shelves and discover new authors. Right now I'm enjoying some cozy mysteries, which are lighthearted, yet have a fun element of something mysterious going on. 

But back to Sunday...

My sister and niece finally arrived that evening around 6pm. I had a big pot of beef stew waiting in the crockpot for them. They were pretty tired, so we just enjoyed a quiet evening of catching up and getting them settled in for the night. 

The next day all the little girls came over to play with their big cousin, Addie, who has turned into a teen, since the last time they were all together. 

Addie was such a good sport and played outside most of the day, pulling the girls in the wagon, riding bikes and flying kites in the yard.

That night the rest of the family came over for family dinner and we had a great night of playing, eating and talking. 

It was so good to have my sister here and be able to talk about our dad and all the funny memories and stories we both have. I'm glad she got to meet all the babies and see the boys and their wives. It was such a great visit. 

We took our customary "selfie" and now we will add it to the others we have taken over the years. It's become a tradition. 



Tiffany and Addie left Tuesday morning and I spent the day doing laundry and working on some bills. I caught up on The Bachelor and enjoyed having a day to relax. 


Yesterday I spent most of the day working in my office, folding laundry, and I cooked a yummy dish called "Crack Chicken", which I had heard of, but never tried. 

Oh my goodness! It was so delicious!

The recipe is simple:

Add some boneless chicken to the crockpot.

Throw in a block of cream cheese and some black pepper.

Cook on low until chicken is done.

Take two forks and shred the chicken and thoroughly mix the cream cheese and chicken.

Add some bacon crumbles (cooked) and some shredded parmesan cheese on top. 

That's it!

I cooked penne pasta and ate it as a pasta dish. I'm sure you could eat it over rice too. 

I saved myself enough for lunch today and then had two containers to add to the freezer for later. 

This will definitely be a regular dish from now on. 

🥘😋

Today I have a good, old fashioned DISH network system coming to be installed. I'm done with subscribing to 6 different channels just to watch one or two shows on each. So we are going back with the system that has one remote, one big list of channels, and a good old DVR for recording our favorite shows. I can't wait!

Other than that, I'm hoping for some time to read today and rest up for Millie Day tomorrow.

I hope you're having a great week! I can't wait to catch up on your posts today and see what you all have been up to.

Until Next Time...

Blessings! 

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family!! Glad you had a chance to all get together.
    I have a Dish as well and it does provide a whole bunch of channels and I DVR anything I want to watch - I hate commercials, so I can go right through them!
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl :) I'm glad to know you enjoy your DVR. I didn't realize I missed mine until recently. I'm so tired of searching multiple channels and having to remember which streaming platform my favorites are on. The older I get, the more simplified my life wants to be :)

      Delete
  2. Great photo! Just everyone gathered around at home. We are terrible about getting a photo when "all of us" (which is not that many) are together but we actually remembered this Monday night. Hooray for us. Glad you had a good visit...and time to share memories! I love doing that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer :) We don't always remember to get a picture of the night, but usually on special occasions we will take one.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!