Wednesday, March 6, 2024

A Year Long Project - Take a Look!

Hello Friends!

I hope your week is going well, so far. 

We've gone from hot and muggy, to cool and rainy, and back to sunny...all since Monday! 

Spring is in the air!

Today I wanted to share an ongoing project I am working on, 

which will probably take me all of 2024, but that's ok. 

I've allowed myself the entire year to complete this, so no pressure at all.

 


I've been making themed photo books,
in the effort of getting some photos off the computer
and into real books that can sit on a shelf.


This is one that I made mostly for David, but also
to preserve our memories of the family farmhouse we lived in.
There is so much family history here, that I felt
it needed a book of it's own,
to tell just a fraction of it's story.

This is the house where our boys spent most of their childhood,
and David spent every day visiting his grandparents.
It holds so many memories and now we have a book
dedicated to it's memory. 



The second book is one filled with pictures of our

Family Dinner settings.

From birthday parties, to holiday settings,

to just regular old Tuesday night paper plates;

this book shows it all.

I also tell the story of how David built the farm table for me

and how he and I spent our evenings painting layers upon layers

of chalk paint, trying to get the right colors. 

📸

I don't know about you,

but I miss real photo albums that you can

actually flip through as a family

and relive the memories. 

So that's my goal for 2024...

to create a stack of photo albums

that I can share with my grandchildren

and friends and family.

📸


I'm so pleased with the quality of these books.

I made them on Shutterfly and they are size 8x8,

which is the perfect size for themes.

Shutterfly often has coupons and specials,

so if you're looking to make some books,

be sure to find a deal on them.


I have many more books to make and I might even resort to the 

traditional photo books you buy at Hobby Lobby

for some prints I already have. 

Either way, the goal is to get books on the shelf

and then start enjoying them.


Here are some pictures from the books I've shared here today.

Enjoy.



















I hope you've enjoyed the post today.

Until Next Time...

Blessings! 


8 comments:

  1. Love this. I have friends that do this for all their worldly travels. It is so neat.
    Oh that front porch, makes me drool. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, it was a great front porch! We did a lot of sitting and singing there.

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea. Nice to have the pictures in order like that and not just thrown into a box.
    I have many albums from the different places we've lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen :) It feels good to finally accomplish this, after so long of having pictures in boxes and on the computer.

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I started making yearly chatbooks a few years ago, and I see myself continuing in this for years to come. I love the idea of a themed book, though. I share the sentiment in loving to have a book to flip through to see old favorite pictures. Thank you for some Thursday morning inspiration, my friend! I feel like your next book that you write could be all about making a house a haven. You write so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you for that! I will keep that in mind :) Although I can't imagine I would have enough for an entire book. You never know :)

      Delete
  4. Debbie - these are stunning! And precious! I am feeling a bit inspired. Not exactly what my project would look like but I so want to get photos off of my computer and into something that others can enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!!! LOVE! I use Shutterfly for our Christmas card, but never thought about this! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!