Sunday, February 4, 2024

A Simple Craft and A Good Weekend

 Hello Everyone!

It's early Sunday morning and I'm just stopping in to share a few things about my week.



On Wednesday I got together with my friend Kim and we worked on some fun craft projects. We painted mason jars to look like sea glass, which we will use as a vase at some point. This was such an easy project and once they dried, they looked so pretty. 

The process was so simple. Mix 1-2 drops of food coloring in 1/4 cup of Modpodge, stir until well mixed and then brush it on the jar with a paintbrush. As it dries, the Modpodge texture will disappear and you'll be left with a pretty glass jar. 

These were so fun and easy and will make the perfect vase for some spring and summer flowers. 



Friday was Millie Day and these three turkeys talked me into getting them Chick-Fil-A for breakfast after I picked them up.  We had a fun day of playing inside and outside and lots of singing in the car, to and from their house. At one point, we FaceTimed my mom, who was working, and the girls entertained her by showing off their cartwheels and piano playing. My mom was thrilled to see them, even through the phone screen. 

Saturday David and I had lunch and then went to Kroger for a quick grocery run. I had some coupons that were about to expire, so we used the coupons as our list of what to buy and added a few other items, as well. I love that Kroger sends me coupons of the items I buy on a regular basis. Every now and then I will go and only buy what I have a coupon for. Even at that, our bill was ridiculous.

While we were waiting in line at Kroger, I saw our DIL, Morgan, a few lines over, so I had to run over and give her a hug. She was out buying a few items for Asa. She looked as cute as ever, of course. She's such a fashionable lady. That was a bright spot in our day 😀

David and I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out the guest/play room. It desperately needed an overhaul. Toys were out of control and there were some items that needed to be moved to the storage shed.  I'm hoping my mom can come for a visit soon and I want to make sure the room feels nice for her while she's here. 

David also made a run back to town to deliver a toy bin to Ted and Alex and pick up a chair they needed to move. Lots of action going on that day!

But at the end of the day, we finally sat down and spent the evening folding clothes and watching tv together. It was a good day.

Tonight I'm making dinner for our sister-in-law, who's coming to visit. We haven't seen her in way too long and she's never seen our house, so we are looking forward to having her here for dinner. 

Well, I'm signing off for today, but will be back soon to share a testimony about God's goodness.

I hope your Sunday is blessed beyond what you ever expected 💜

Until Next Time...
Blessings!


4 comments:

  1. I just love those Kroger coupons. What a bunch of cuties you had visit! Sounds like lots of fun. Enjoy your dinner this evening with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute jars - what a fun way to spend an afternoon. Crafting with a friend! I would love it if my grocery store sent me coupons! They don't. Hope you have a wonderful evening with your SIL....here's to a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! sounds lovely all the way around! And who could say no to those littles? Or to Chick-Fil-A???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!