Thursday, December 14, 2023

Book Stack for December

 

Hello Friends!

I hope your week is going well, so far. Mine has been restful and productive, all at the same time. I've had things to do, but downtime too, which is wonderful. 

I thought I would share my reading stack that I've been working on this month. I don't know why I read so many books at one time, but it's just something I've always done. It's kind of like being in the mood for a drama on tv or a comedy; a cooking show vs. a documentary. Sometimes you want entertainment, but sometimes you want to learn things. 

I would say my stack this month sort of has a learning theme, but with some fun mixed in. 

Starting at the top...

Share Your Stuff - I'll Go First is a unique book about opening up in your friendships. The author shares personal stories about her life and relationships and how they shaped her in different seasons of life. It's really a book of encouragement to share your life with others and not feel ashamed or like your story doesn't matter. 

The Artist's Way is one I just started working on in my morning time. It's a book about creativity and how to revive your creativity by starting habits such as Morning Pages, where you write 3 pages of thoughts every morning, just to clear your head. I tried morning pages years ago, but never knew it was such a big thing until I found a bunch of videos about it on YouTube. 

Rooms of Their Own is my favorite book in this stack, just because I love the topic so much. It's a book full of descriptions of where writers write. Whether in an office, a favorite chair, a local hotel or a shack out back, most writers have a designated space they call their writing space and they really find their inspiration in these sacred spaces. I'm not very far along, but so far, the stories are so interesting. 

Life Whimsey is just another book about sparking creativity in your work. No matter what your joy is, you can be creative doing it. This book is full of beautiful colors and amazing pictures. 

The bottom three are magazines. One is the Cozy Issue of Bella Grace. I buy this issue every year at this time because it's full of cozy stories, which I love. The next is Daphne's Diary, which is an absolute favorite of mine. Daphne writes such fun stories, shares wonderful recipes and always takes you on a trip somewhere around the world and adds at least one fun craft in the mix. It's a delight to turn those pages!

I also bought the Christmas issue of The Pioneer Woman magazine. I like to see what yummy recipes Ree is cooking up. They're usually pretty normal, which I prefer. This is just a fun, easy read around the holidays. 



I did read a Christmas book last week called The Christmas Spirit, which was a fun little book. It actually made me want to read more fiction soon. 


Very soon I will be heading to the library for some kind of mystery. I always need a good mystery going, but was trying to thin out this stack first.

So...what are you reading these days? Are you on Goodreads? Do you participate in the reading challenge every year? If you would like to connect with me on Goodreads, just click the stack of books on the sidebar and send me a friend request. I would love to connect over a good stack of books!

I hope you're having a great week and I'll be back very soon!


Until Next Time...

Stay cozy and read a good book 😀📚

5 comments:

  1. I usually have a couple of books I'm reading at one time but never as many as you. :)
    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just put the Christmas Spirit on hold at the library. I have an intentionally light schedule next week. Looking forward to slower days and extra time by the fire....and reading some lighthearted Christmas books will be perfect!:) Hope you are having a fun and blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stack and you have reminded me that I need to pick up the Bella Grace issue before it’s gone. I’m reading a small book, Christmas with LM Montgomery featuring three short stories and plan to re-read Little Women. You can never go wrong with books by Debbie Macomer, they are always refreshing and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Artist's Way, along with Bird by Bird, has been on my bookshelf for 20 years. I'm always sporadic with my morning pages, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!