Friday, August 2, 2024

Real Life and I Need Some Advice

 Hello Friends!

I've been missing around here this week. I haven't even had time to read any blogs until today. 

The week started out like a normal week, with the exception of us waiting on some results from an MRI that David had last Friday. Monday I got the grocery pick-up, talked to a friend on the phone, cleaned and did other chores and then got the phone call from David that his results from the test were perfect, thank you, Jesus! The afternoon was spent making more phone calls to our boys and just breathing a big sigh of relief about the good news. I couldn't wait for David to get home so I could give him a big hug.

But...he barely got in the door before we got a phone call that his mom was unresponsive and we needed to get to her apartments right away. So we grabbed a few things and headed out the door. No celebrating, no relaxing, just like that, the good news was put on the back burner.

His mom ended up in the hospital for a few days due to blood pressure issues, so our week was filled with sitting at the hospital for hours, making sure she got the care she needed. She finally came home Wednesday evening and for now, is doing well.

Yesterday I spent the day paying bills, getting August set up in the budget book and taking care of David's mom's bills too. I ran an errand, read a little and cooked the best Sausage and Tortellini Soup ever. It's definitely my favorite soup. I didn't have my girls this week and no family dinner either. Sometimes the schedule has to change because, well...I'm not superwoman 😅 I'm sure I'll make up for it over the next week or two. 

Also, for the past week I've been suffering through the worst haircut I've ever had in my life (with the exception of some styles my mother put me through as a child of the 70's 😂).  I went in last Wednesday for a bit of layering and came out with more of a shaggy mess. I've struggled all week with what to do...should I go back and have her fix it? No. What if she does a worse job (how is that even possible?) or should I go somewhere else? What if they mess up too? Should I at least mention to the lady that she did something totally different than the picture I showed her? Do I ever plan to use her again? Is it worth it? Or, just start camouflaging my hair with headbands, let it grow out and never cut it again? That's what I've chosen, up to this point.

What have you done in this situation? Surely I'm not the only one! Give me all your good advice.

Well, today will be full of errands and possibly getting our oldest grand girl for a sleepover. We actually have plans with some friends on Saturday night, which will be a welcomed relief from the stress of the week. 

I'm not usually one to wish the time away, but I think I'll be happy to get a bit down the road on this one. 

Hopefully next week will resume our very routine, predictable life 😅 I'm kind of partial to it.

See you soon, my friends!

Until Next Time...

Blessings! 

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of the health difficulties of your mother-in-law! Thankfully it sounds like she is okay. You have lovely things going despite the rough days. I hope you have a wonderful week. And I love your idea of letting your hair grow! It is hard to find just the right stylist. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can look for a salon that "fixes" bad haircuts. It is usually in their advertising. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear about the good MRI results and that MIL is doing well now.
    Hmmm - that is a dilemma. I would probably say something to the original hairdresser, but I would ask friends for a good referral to someone that can fix. I am sure others have endured something similar and maybe they can steer you to the right person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for the fact that your husband and his mom are both doing well! I know that was scary with her and understand how quickly things can change when it comes to aging parents. I was glad to see you here today, my friend.

    Ugh...I have had terrible haircuts as well, and unfortunately, sometimes the best thing to do is just to wait it out. Have you been using this stylist for a while? If so, I would consider kindly saying something about how it's not how you'd hoped it would be. Sometimes they (or someone else in the salon) can recommend a way to help you not hate it. If you think you can suffer through, than I would just keep disguising it as best you can. Maybe in another week or two you won't hate it, but if you're using someone you've been with for a while I really would say something so she'll know. Sometimes mistakes can turn into great learning experiences for people, myself included!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grow it out for 4 weeks and go somewhere new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share your relief that the MRI came out well. That was a lot of stress, I'm sure.

    Blood pressure problems can be tricky; I'm glad you and your husband were able to be of help to your mother-in-law.

    As for the bad haircut, you are in good company as most of us have had this happen at least once in life, if not many times. I'm with you on that. There's no magic cure, but going to a different stylist is not a bad idea. Good stylists see bad haircuts and know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad the MRI went well...I have blood pressure issues, and it can be tricky...keeping prayer.

    As for the haircut, been there and done that. I go to man barber, and he told me he was stepping away from his current place of employment and going solo and he gave me his cell number -as I want to continue with him. I don't trust very easily due to having baby fine hair. He works wonders with my hair. I probably would do what your doing, headband, clips etc. So sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that your MIL is doing better and here's to a calmer week ahead. But grateful that you and your husband were able to help out. Having family close by is such a blessing. Now, about the hair?! Ugh. I went through the exact same thing about 8 weeks ago. Ugh. And, guess what, I am going back on Tuesday. Same salon. Same salon. She had done so well until the last time, I keep thinking it must have been miscommunication. And she is such a sweet Christian..I love supporting her salon. Etc. etc. (and I hate looking for someone new) so here I am headed back. Wish my luck - ha! As with mine, yours will grow out sooner than you know it! In the meantime, cute headbands are your best friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!