Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A Delightful Book

 

Find it HERE

How many times do we get to use the word "delightful"? It's a word that can only be used to describe something that just makes you so happy and feels so fun, while encountering it. Such is this fun, delightful book, written by Susan Branch

Personally, I think the work of Susan Branch is always delightful, but this little book about the English countryside especially fits the description. 

In this book, Susan and her husband Joe, set off on the Queen Mary2 for a two week passage to England. Once there, they explore the countryside for two months. The book is set up as a diary, complete with drawings, paintings, and quotes, in only the style that Susan Branch can do (have you read her books?!).

I'm sharing this, not to give you a book report or even a review, but just to share with you her delightful work and tell you to put this one on your list of things to read, if you've ever wanted to go to England. 

That is all.

Have a delightful Tuesday, my friends 💚

Until Next Time...

Blessings!




13 comments:

  1. I always love book recs, so thank you! Have you read anything by Nancy Naigle? Her books are delightful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check Nancy's books out! Thanks Jennifer :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I gotta get that book, smiles. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a book by this author, but this sounds perfect! I do love England and the English countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has some really fun books and if you love the English countryside, this one is your choice, for sure.

      Delete
  4. Such a delightful review....I sure hope I can find it at my library!! Happy Tuesday to you:) (hope it is a delightful day!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, check with Thriftbooks if your library doesn't have it.

      Delete
  5. Ooh! I love this book! I have followed Susan Branch since forever and poured over this diary of her love story and trip through the English countryside. Now you must read the other two in the trilogy. Fairytale Girl and Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams. They are all wonderful! Brew a big pot of tea, get a cozy blanket, and enjoy! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, I want all of them! :) I have to pace myself. I have her Girlfriends book and her Summertime book and now this one. I will keep looking for the others :)

      Delete
  6. I stopped reading her back in 2016. She said some extremely hateful things after the election was over and I've chosen not to financially reward her for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I get that. Unfortunately we would be canceling everyone if we canceled everyone that said something hateful after the election or even on this very day. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your opinion. Don't forget to leave your name next time.

      Delete
  7. I love her books too! I've read them all and own several. Delightful is a perfect word. 💗

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!