Friday, February 23, 2024

My Week and Possibly Jury Duty - Uggg!


 Hello Friends!

I can't believe we're at the end of another week! This year is already flying by. It's been a great week, though, with lots of time around the house. 

This week I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby, hoping to find some sales on outdoor items. They were having a sale on their Spring Shop line, but even at that, the handful of stuff I bought cost twice as much as I planned on spending. I did buy a few things for the yard, but it hardly made a difference, since I wasn't able to buy a lot. 

However, I found a set of wooden tags, like the one above, and they were only $3.00 for 12, which was a steal! I love tags and especially these. They are heavy and perfect for craft projects or a keepsake gift tag for someone. 

I had some fun yesterday making this one out of a vintage book page. Of course I used ModPodge, my new best friend apparently. 😀 I use it a lot these days. 

The little felt flower came in a package I found in the Easter section of Hobby Lobby. I have found that shopping in the holiday aisle is always cheapest, because their holiday stuff is always on for 50% off. 

I will probably hang this on my lamp, next to my bed, so I can see it every night when I turn my lamp out. 

Tuesday was Family Dinner night, so I usually spend Tuesdays cleaning and cooking. But this week I just wasn't feeling any food and couldn't decide on anything. So I splurged and bought Chick-Fil-A. Obviously I can't do that every week, but once in a while is nice. 

Wednesday I organized my office closet. With crafts stored there and the girl's games, puzzles, playdoh, etc., it tends to get messy quickly. It often needs a refresh and this was the day to do it. 

I also have scrapboxes for each of my boys that I need to go through. I have loose photos waiting to be put in an album. Plus all of my sewing and craft projects. It's a closet that can feel like it's pressuring me with all of its "to-do's".  I think I spend more time organizing my projects, than actually working on them! 

Yesterday I hung some pictures around the house. Ever since we moved into this house, I've had pictures that needed to be put somewhere, but I just haven't done it. I did get a few up, but then the pest control guy was scheduled to come, so I put those away and straightened up everything so he could spray. 

Does anyone else dread having people come to your house (for maintenance type jobs)? Is it just that I'm not a small talk kind of person and it's awkward to have to carry on conversations with people I barely know? Ugggg. It's not my favorite!

Speaking of "ugggg", I possibly have to report for jury duty on Monday and I'm literally praying that God spares me from this task! I'm not good at being on a jury. I've only done it once and hated every minute of it. I won't know until after 5:00 p.m. today, when I will call the number to see if I have to appear. I'm praying for a "NO"!

In the meantime, I'm headed to my friend Kim's today for some lunch and a craft. That should help take my mind off jury duty 😅

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back next week ( unless I'm at the courthouse 😏)


Until Next Time...

Blessings!



8 comments:

  1. I got a notice last year for jury duty and luckily I got a NO the first day and was released. Good luck - hope you don't have to go. The one time I had to show up - I just answered questions the way I knew they wouldn't like and was dismissed!! LOL! Heck, there is always a way out.
    You have to splurge every now and then - hope your dinner was tasty.
    I love the little tag - by the bed is perfect.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I didn't have to go! Yay!!! I was coming up with lots of reasons in my head. I just didn't know if the judge would buy any of them :) hahaha

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I have been on jury duty and really had to serve I think it was 2 weeks. So did not like it. Once it was Federal and once for our county court. I am an introvert so it was hard. Now my Mother loved being on jury duty, she always made friends wherever she went. I had been called for JD here in our new place but I'm over 70 now so didn't have to go, yea me!
    I love the look of that retro tag you made, it looks like spring.
    Chick-fil-a sounds good. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie! I've served once and it just wasn't for me. And thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I love that wooden tag! It's a great idea to hang it on your lamp. I love doing little things like that around our house. Small touches make such a big difference! Would you believe I've never been called in for jury duty? I am curious about it and whether I'd like it or not. I hope you enjoy your day with your friend, that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I've done it once and I did not like doing it. If you're a people person, you might enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. I was called for Jury duty a couple of years ago. I got as far as picking the jurors and that was where I got turned down. I guess I'm crazy but I was hoping I could do it.
    Sounds like a busy week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen :) See? I think they should give people the choice, because there would be people who actually want to do it and they would be invested in it. All I could think about was getting out of there :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!