Thursday, January 25, 2024

Soup's On!

 

Well, I can say the drought in Texas is officially over! We've had enough rain this week to get us through the next few months, I believe. But that didn't stop life, like the freeze did last week, so we've been carrying on with all the things this week and trying to figure out whether to wear short sleeves or long sleeves and whether we need the heat or the A/C.  It's Texas y'all.🤠🐮

We had family dinner on Tuesday, which is always a blessing. I served BBQ on slider buns, mac and cheese, pinto beans, chips and dip, and we all had ice cream for dessert. 

The babies were all adorable and I think I got a hug from each one, at some point 😀 You have to catch them first. They hit the door and start running for the playroom, which is ok with me. It makes me happy to see them enjoying the space I made for them. 

Yesterday my friend Kim braved the stormy weather and came for lunch. I made a super simple lunch with Tomato Basil Soup I bought at Sam's and some mini Nan bread from there, as well. It was delicious.

We had my favorite kind of day, which consisted of lots of talking, good food, and sharing ideas about crafts and projects we both want to embark on.

Kim brought her junk journal she recently started and her own supplies and she worked on those at the table while I fixed lunch. We also went back to my office and I showed her how I decorate my journals and my writing notebook full of stories, as she has just recently started writing stories for her grandkids.

We ate lunch and cleared off the table and had another hour or so of just visiting and catching up. 

Those are seriously my favorite types of days with friends and family - just good conversations (and some yummy food). 

Today I have a few things on the To-Do list, but will have some down time too, which I'm looking forward to. 

I bought a new bookshelf for the living room and will attempt to decorate it today with wallpaper to make it more appealing. Maybe I'll take before and after photos and share them here. I haven't been taking pictures lately because everything has either been frozen outside or covered in water from all the rain and everything just looks brown and ugly this time of year. 

I need to get back to taking pictures, I know.  I plan to do better.

Well, it's time to get ready for the day. I think sweatpants and a cozy top are on the list today. Who am I kidding? That's the standard these days, if I'm home alone. 😅 

I hope you all have a wonderful day full of things you love. 

Until Next Time...

Stay cozy!


  

4 comments:

  1. Yes, take some before and after pictures for us! Inquiring minds love to know! We've had that same kind of rain here this week, and I think the fog settled in my hair yesterday. I have never felt so gross as I did last night walking out of church! Yay for friends who come for lunch, and family dinner nights. What a gift those two things are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kind of days with friends and family are just the best. Love the visiting. SOunds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy day for us working at church which is fun also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely week thus far, my friend! Your meal sounds delightfully delicious. Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!