Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Breakfast for Dinner and for the Freezer Too


 Hello Friends!

Well, it's already Tuesday! Monday was busy with grocery shopping and putting away, which also leads to straightening the pantry and fridge as I go. 

Every week I try to make something that I can eat for breakfast in the mornings and this week I decided on an egg/sausage/cheese quiche that I can cut into squares and stick in the freezer. 

Whenever I'm needing something for the freezer - whether breakfast tacos, egg squares, or sausage balls, I try to make them for dinner, so I'm cooking once and achieving two goals with the same meal. 

We eat a bit of the meal, then I wrap individual portions and put them in the freezer for the week ahead. 

David eats breakfast bars every single day on his way to work. Those don't work for me. In fact, if I eat a breakfast bar, I will be hungry within an hour. 

I need a lot of food in the mornings for some reason, so I like to eat something that has protein and is hearty enough to hold me until lunch. These breakfast foods do the trick.

For this quiche, I whisked about 5 eggs, browned breakfast sausage, cheese, spinach, onions, tomatoes and chopped jalapeños. I seasoned it with onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper. 

I sometimes use a muffin pan and make "egg cups," but I was feeling lazy this time and just used my casserole dish. Squares taste just as good as cups, I've discovered. 😀

Today is Family Dinner day, so I will be busy putting the roast in the crockpot, same with the beans, then later mashing the potatoes and getting the salad ready. The past few weeks we've been having strawberries with cool whip and chocolate chips sprinkled on top. Yummy and easy!

Our little cottage is getting crazy-er now that both boys are toddling around! That's 5 kids on the move in one small house! But the memories are going to be amazing!

Well, I'm off to eat some hearty breakfast and get started with my day.

I hope this Tuesday brings you lots of sweet moments. Savor every one 💛


Until Next Time...

Blessings! 


2 comments:

  1. I do the Friday frittata as well - I use whatever leftovers (meat veggie cheese)I have in the fridge before the weekend! Cleans out all those little bits and breakfast for the next week is done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy a heartier type breakfast as well. I just love breakfast. Sometimes a yummy breakfast can be carb heavy but I do love baked egg dishes!! This recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Come back soon!